- ·Working across the North Antrim and Causeway localities providing support to groups and developing initiatives which promote mental and wellbeing and tackling the determinants of suicide.
- Building capacity within local communities to address suicide prevention
- Supporting groups to apply for community based promoting mental health and suicide prevention small grants
- Promotion of mental health and suicide prevention training available to communities
- Partnership working throughout North Antrim and Causeway localities
- Encourage help seeking behaviours
- Promote and support key projects and service delivery by local providers
The Suicide Prevention Development Officer will give priority support to areas of higher need and to vulnerable population groups who may be at a higher risk of suicide.